SAFETY GUIDELINES – PLEASE READ BEFORE ASSEMBLY AND USE
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR USE WITH YOUR SMARTDIYS LASER PRODUCT. PLEASE THOROUGHLY REVIEW THESE GUIDELINES, AS WELL AS THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL, PRIOR TO USING YOUR PRODUCT.
YOUR FAILURE TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES AND THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DAMAGE. SMARTDIYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE YOU SUFFER AS A RESULT OF FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES AND THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL.
- Follow the instructions for assembly in the Product Operating Manual. Failure to follow these instructions may cause the product to malfunction and/or cause a hazardous condition that may lead to electric shock, fire, or serious injury.
- If you have any questions while assembling the product or are unsure about the process or the instructions in the Product Operating Manual, do not continue with assembly. Please contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not modify, disassemble, or in any way alter the construction of the product. Any modification, disassembly, or alteration could result in a hazardous condition that may lead to serious injury. It will also void your warranty.
Prior to Operating
- Prior to operating the product, carefully review the assembly and operating instructions in the Product Operating Manual.
- Before each use, inspect the product for damage and breakage. Do not use the product if any part is loose, missing, damaged or broken.
- Keep the product clean. Remove any residue or debris prior to use.
Work Area Safety
- Ensure you have a clean, well-lit, and open work area in which to operate the product.
- Maintain a work area temperature between 60 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure the work area has a properly installed vent to the outside.
- Keep the area around the product clean and free of clutter, combustible materials, explosives, or volatile solvents such as acetone, alcohol, or gasoline.
- Do not store or place flammable materials near the product.
- Be sure you have a properly maintained and inspected fire extinguisher on hand.
- Maintain a first aid kit designed to treat burns and smoke inhalation in your work area.
- Place the product on a stable, level surface covered by a board to protect it.
- NEVER LEAVE THE PRODUCT UNATTENDED DURING OPERATION FOR ANY REASON.
- NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT FOR MORE THAN ONE CONSECUTIVE HOUR.
- Children under 18 should not use this product unless supervised by an adult.
- Dress properly when using the product. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry.
- Wear protective equipment when operating the product. Always wear safety glasses, ear plugs, a dust mask, and such other protective equipment as may be appropriate for the material you are cutting.
- Carefully read and follow the operating instructions in the Product Operating Manual.
- Be sure you have updated your software to the newest version prior to each use of the product.
- Do not operate the product if any part is damaged or missing or has been removed.
- Please use only with 120V/60Hz.
- Ensure the product switch is in the “OFF” position before plugging it in.
- Be sure that the product is right side up, with the laser facing down, prior to plugging in the product.
- Do not place hands, fingers, or any other body part into any part of the product during operation.
- Do not look directly at the laser while the product is operating.
- Do not engrave or cut any material that is not compatible with the laser, such as PVC or vinyl. When cut, these materials may be harmful to humans and may damage or destroy your product.
- Do not engrave or cut any material that will reflect the laser. When the laser is reflected, the reflected light may hurt humans or animals.
- Do not engrave or cut any unknown material.
- Do not use the product with liquids or any materials that contain liquids.
- Do not stack materials prior to cutting, as cutting stacked materials may cause fire.
- When you use the CO2 laser machine, be extremely careful, closely monitor the product, and use the air assist.
- Turn the product off and unplug it prior to making any adjustments to the machine.
- Turn the product off and unplug it immediately when you finish using it. Do not move the product while it is plugged in.
- Carefully monitor the product at all times during operation. If you see anything unusual, immediately turn the machine off and unplug it. A small, candle-like flame where the laser beam strikes the material is normal. This flame should move with the laser and should not remain lit when the laser has moved past.
- Examine all wires and electrical components prior to operation. Do not use if any wire or component appears to be loose, damaged, or missing.
- Use only the electrical components supplied with your product. If replacement of an electrical component is required, use only components with the same specifications as the original component.
- Do not make or break any electrical connections to the product while the product is turned on.
- Do not access electrical components of the product with hands or tools unless the unit is disconnected from power for at least one hour.
Storage and Maintenance
- Turn the product off and unplug the product when you are not using it.
- Store the product in a clean, dry place.
- Store out of the reach of children.
- If you store the product in temperatures of less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit, please take water out from the water pump.
- Carefully maintain your product. Check the product before each use for loose wires, missing or damaged parts, and any other signs the product may need maintenance or repairs.
- Do not use the product if it needs repairs or maintenance. If the product needs repairs or maintenance, please contact our customer support at email@example.com immediately.