Terms and Policies
General Terms and Conditions
Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to purchase Products or use the Software. By purchasing Product or downloading or installing the Software, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least 18 years old.
Use of the Product and Software. You represent that each Product you purchase is for your own use and not for resale. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws when using the Products or Software. It is your responsibility to determine whether your use of the Product complies with local laws, regulations, and ordinances. smartDIYs grants you, solely for your personal use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use this Website and the Software. You agree not to make modifications to the Software, copy or distribute the Software to any third party, or use the Software in any manner other than in connection with your personal use of the Products. Your license to use the Software and this Website may be revoked if you use the Software, Website, or Products in an improper manner.
Customer Account and Data. In order to use any of our Products and to activate your Software, you must create a customer account with us. You can create an account by visiting our website and providing your e-mail address. We may collect certain information regarding your use of Products and Software, such as time and frequency of use, materials used, and items made. We will use this information only to improve our products and services. We will never disclose your information to a third party, unless we are required to do so by law or if we detect potential criminal activity, in which case we reserve the right to contact the proper authorities. If we discover errors in the customer data we collect, we may correct the errors so that your account is accurate.
- Pricing. smartDIYs reserves the right to determine pricing for the Products, as well as charges for shipping the Product. smartDIYs will make reasonable efforts to keep pricing information published on the Website updated. You will be responsible for all sales and use taxes, other taxes, tariffs, and other charges as well as shipping costs. All orders for the Product must be paid in full, including shipping, prior to delivery by smartDIYs of the Product to you. All prices and fees are in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable except as expressly described in these Terms.
- Payment. We currently accept payment only through PayPal.
- Orders. Orders must be submitted via the Website. smartDIYs reserves the right to cancel your order for any reason and at any time prior to shipment of the Product.
- Delivery. smartDIYs will make reasonable efforts to deliver the Product on the scheduled date of delivery we provide at the time of your order. However, smartDIYs will not be responsible or liable for any delays or failure in such delivery. smartDIYs may deliver the Product in any number of separate shipments, and the modes of transport and carriers will be decided at smartDIYs’s discretion. Orders cannot be delivered to a post office box or similar addresses, and we may not be able to deliver to certain remote addresses.
- Inspection. You should carefully examine all deliveries of the Product upon delivery, and notify smartDIYs of any damage, missing part, or other issue with the Product within 30 days after receipt. If you failure to report such issues within 30 days, you waive any claim against smartDIYs for such issues.
- Cancellation of Orders. Prior to shipment of the Product, you may cancel your order and receive a full refund. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process.
- Returns. Except in connection with a warranty claim, we only allow returns if the machine is not assembled. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. You are responsible for paying all shipping costs associated with the return. All items (product, box, bags, tags and everything else that came with the package) must be included and undamaged. If these conditions are met, we will refund your purchase price within 30 business days.
Warranties and Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
- Limited Warranty for Products. Each Product comes with a limited warranty, which can be found at LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY. Please review the product warranty prior to making a purchase.
- No Warranty for Items Made Through Use of the Product. SMARTDIYS DOES NOT WARRANT ANY ITEM THAT YOU MAKE USING THE PRODUCT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SUCH ITEMS, INCLUDING THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENSURING THAT WHAT YOU MAKE IS SAFE AND SUITABLE FOR HOW IT IS USED.
- No Warranty for the Software or Items Made with the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, SMARTDIYS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SOFTWARE INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. SMARTDIYS DOES NOT WARRANT ANY ITEM THAT YOU MAKE THROUGH USE OF THE SOFTWARE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU BEAR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH ITEMS, INCLUDING THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENSURING THAT WHAT YOU MAKE IS SAFE AND SUITABLE FOR HOW IT IS USED. SMARTDIYS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND SMARTDIYS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED. SMARTDIYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SOFTWARE OR YOUR USE THEREOF.
- Limitation of Liability. Neither smartDIYs nor any other person involved in the design, production or delivery of the Products or Software shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages in connection with the product, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, and business interruption. smartDIYs aggregate liability to you for all claims arising out of your use of any Product and the related Software is limited to the greater of (a) the amount you paid smartDIYs for such Product, or (b) $100.
- Modification. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Modifications are effective upon publication. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Software, Product designs, and all associated information, data, computer code, software and other elements are owned by and are the intellectual property of smartDIYs. You may only use the Products and Software for your personal use and for their intended purpose. Nothing in these Terms conveys any intellectual property or other right not expressly granted to you hereunder.
- Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to conflict of law principles. You and smartDIYs agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located in Shelby County, Tennessee for the resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms.
- Force Majeure. smartDIYs will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery of the Product or your inability to use the Software due to an event beyond smartDIYs’s reasonable control, such as an act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made condition outside of smartDIYs’s control. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Our store uses Pinterest Tag to track our customers' behavior. The information from Pinterest Tag will be shared with third parties to measure advertising effectiveness.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
1881 Nail Rd, Suite B, Horn Lake MS 38637, United States
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
smartDIYs warrants to the original purchaser of this product that this product will be free from defects in material or workmanship when purchased, and if used in a proper, normal manner, for thirty (30) days following the date the product is delivered to you.
smartDIYs will replace or, at its option, repair the defective part(s). Normally, smartDIYs will supply a replacement part for the customer to replace. Once the replacement has been performed, the replaced part must be returned to smartDIYs. In the case where repair is required, smartDIYs requires that the defective part, or machine, be returned to the facility designated by smartDIYs. smartDIYs will be responsible solely for the cost of repairs, including parts and labor, which are made at an authorized smartDIYs facility. All other costs for replacement or repair, including, but not limited to, packaging and shipping both to and from smartDIYs, shall be paid by the owner.
This warranty excludes any damage from normal wear and tear, abuse, power surges, fires, improper or insufficient ventilation, acts of God, failure to operate in accordance with the Safety Guidelines or instructions provided in the Product Operations Manual or other product misuse, cosmetic damage, and damage caused by unauthorized modifications or alterations to the product or any of its components. All warranties to original purchasers are non-transferable. The registered owner must initiate warranty claims within the warranty period.
OTHER THAN THE WARRANTIES ABOVE, SMARTDIYS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE, OR RESPECTING NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND SMARTDIYS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT.
Neither smartDIYs nor any other person involved in the design, production or delivery of the product shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages in connection with the product, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, and business interruption. smartDIYs aggregate liability to you for all claims arising out of your use of any Product and any related software is limited to the greater of (a) the amount you paid smartDIYs for such Product, or (b) $100.
All warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days of the date the product is delivered to you. To submit a warranty claim or if you have any questions regarding warranty coverage, please contact smartDIYs at email@example.com. When you contact smartDIYs with a warranty claim, we will provide you with the location to which you should ship you product or component and any other instructions. We will make repairs or replace your product within 30 days of receiving it from you.
SAFETY GUIDELINES – PLEASE READ BEFORE ASSEMBLY AND USE
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR USE WITH YOUR SMARTDIYS LASER PRODUCT. PLEASE THOROUGHLY REVIEW THESE GUIDELINES, AS WELL AS THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL, PRIOR TO USING YOUR PRODUCT.
YOUR FAILURE TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES AND THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DAMAGE. SMARTDIYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE YOU SUFFER AS A RESULT OF FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES AND THE PRODUCT OPERATING MANUAL.
- Follow the instructions for assembly in the Product Operating Manual. Failure to follow these instructions may cause the product to malfunction and/or cause a hazardous condition that may lead to electric shock, fire, or serious injury.
- If you have any questions while assembling the product or are unsure about the process or the instructions in the Product Operating Manual, do not continue with assembly. Please contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not modify, disassemble, or in any way alter the construction of the product. Any modification, disassembly, or alteration could result in a hazardous condition that may lead to serious injury. It will also void your warranty.
Prior to Operating
- Prior to operating the product, carefully review the assembly and operating instructions in the Product Operating Manual.
- Before each use, inspect the product for damage and breakage. Do not use the product if any part is loose, missing, damaged or broken.
- Keep the product clean. Remove any residue or debris prior to use.
Work Area Safety
- Ensure you have a clean, well-lit, and open work area in which to operate the product.
- Maintain a work area temperature between 60 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure the work area has a properly installed vent to the outside.
- Keep the area around the product clean and free of clutter, combustible materials, explosives, or volatile solvents such as acetone, alcohol, or gasoline.
- Do not store or place flammable materials near the product.
- Be sure you have a properly maintained and inspected fire extinguisher on hand.
- Maintain a first aid kit designed to treat burns and smoke inhalation in your work area.
- Place the product on a stable, level surface covered by a board to protect it.
- NEVER LEAVE THE PRODUCT UNATTENDED DURING OPERATION FOR ANY REASON.
- NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT FOR MORE THAN ONE CONSECUTIVE HOUR.
- Children under 18 should not use this product unless supervised by an adult.
- Dress properly when using the product. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry.
- Wear protective equipment when operating the product. Always wear safety glasses, ear plugs, a dust mask, and such other protective equipment as may be appropriate for the material you are cutting.
- Carefully read and follow the operating instructions in the Product Operating Manual.
- Be sure you have updated your software to the newest version prior to each use of the product.
- Do not operate the product if any part is damaged or missing or has been removed.
- Please use only with 120V/60Hz.
- Ensure the product switch is in the “OFF” position before plugging it in.
- Be sure that the product is right side up, with the laser facing down, prior to plugging in the product.
- Do not place hands, fingers, or any other body part into any part of the product during operation.
- Do not look directly at the laser while the product is operating.
- Do not engrave or cut any material that is not compatible with the laser, such as PVC or vinyl. When cut, these materials may be harmful to humans and may damage or destroy your product.
- Do not engrave or cut any material that will reflect the laser. When the laser is reflected, the reflected light may hurt humans or animals.
- Do not engrave or cut any unknown material.
- Do not use the product with liquids or any materials that contain liquids.
- Do not stack materials prior to cutting, as cutting stacked materials may cause fire.
- When you use the CO2 laser machine, be extremely careful, closely monitor the product, and use the air assist.
- Turn the product off and unplug it prior to making any adjustments to the machine.
- Turn the product off and unplug it immediately when you finish using it. Do not move the product while it is plugged in.
- Carefully monitor the product at all times during operation. If you see anything unusual, immediately turn the machine off and unplug it. A small, candle-like flame where the laser beam strikes the material is normal. This flame should move with the laser and should not remain lit when the laser has moved past.
- Examine all wires and electrical components prior to operation. Do not use if any wire or component appears to be loose, damaged, or missing.
- Use only the electrical components supplied with your product. If replacement of an electrical component is required, use only components with the same specifications as the original component.
- Do not make or break any electrical connections to the product while the product is turned on.
- Do not access electrical components of the product with hands or tools unless the unit is disconnected from power for at least one hour.
Storage and Maintenance
- Turn the product off and unplug the product when you are not using it.
- Store the product in a clean, dry place.
- Store out of the reach of children.
- If you store the product in temperatures of less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit, please take water out from the water pump.
- Carefully maintain your product. Check the product before each use for loose wires, missing or damaged parts, and any other signs the product may need maintenance or repairs.
- Do not use the product if it needs repairs or maintenance. If the product needs repairs or maintenance, please contact our customer support at email@example.com immediately.